Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Aware...

"Feeling of being
How still the night
Feeling of being
One little light" Lucy Schwartz(Feeling of Being)

I'M AWARE...

Madi & Aunt Tootie, September 12, 2012 (Abby photobombed us in one)

On a regular, old Wednesday I ended up on the McNair's couch with Madi. These days, even with all their teenage angst and eye rolling there is always an undercurrent of a deeper understanding of how precious our time is together. Kids (like the McNuggets) with chronic health issues seem to grasp this concept better than most aduts I know. The McNuggets' understanding is amazingly magnified right now. After all they just spent the summer holding their breath, waiting on their dad to rally back from a near fatal accident. Heck, we're all still trying to wrap our heads around that one. Life is short. Blah, blah, blah. I think what I'm realizing is that saying "life is short" and understanding "life is short" are two completely different things. There are reminders all around us. For me, Madi is my biggest reminder.  She'll be 16 in November and it is amahzing(that's how we say it!) Madi has a body that betrays her. Her heart is frustratingly uncooperative and without B12 injections on a regular basis she is completely depleted of energy. I could list everything that is wrong. I could spiral down that avenue, but what is wrong with her isn't the point. The point is, is that I love this girl. LOVE HER! She is ridiculously boy crazy and saying she is proficient in all things social media would be like saying Bethoven could play the piano a little. This girl  Facebooks, Twitters, Kixs & Instagrams like a well rehearsed symphony. She is such a teenage girl and yet carries the wisdom of  someone centuries old. This girl is all heart. Saying I'm grateful to be loved by her is an understatement. She is a perfect mess.  Anyway, when the opportunity came up to sit on the couch and take silly pictures with her, I jumped on it. It was a such a simple thing, but we had so much fun. So thanks, Madi, for the time you gave me so freely. Love you, you amahazing girl!!






No comments:

Post a Comment